Information We Collect
As described in detail below, we may collect certain information from or about you, in connection with your access to, use of, or your submissions to, the Website (collectively, the “Collected Information”). Collected Information includes, without limitation:
Personally Identifiable Information
We may request and collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to disclose to us, as well as personally identifiable information that we collect from public and third-party sources based upon the information we collect from you. Examples of personally identifiable information we may collect include your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card and other information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may request or otherwise obtain additional information about you that may or may not be directly linkable to you. Examples include but are not limited to, aggregate information, analytics information using cookie IDs, coarse location, age, usage behavior, advertising segment information, IP address, advertising IDs/cookies, or gender.
How We Collect and Disclose Information
EIP may use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information in one or more of the following ways:
- To contact you by phone, text message, email, or other means regarding your account, including communication regarding any changes to our policies or account management procedures, information on new products or services and new product or services updates, special offers on EIP services or programs that may interest you, and to process customer service functions.
- For our marketing and online targeted, interest-based advertising of our services (e.g., banner ads or retargeting ads)
- Our direct marketing to you through the mail
- To e-mail you information about how to use EIP services, inform you of any new service, updates or special offers
- To process your credit card or other specified forms of payment
- To publish blog comments and enable forum participation
- To a parent, subsidiary and other related companies, trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners who will use the information for the purposes outlined herein as necessary to provide the services and for the specific purposes for which the information was collected
- At the request of law enforcement or governmental agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes, to establish, protect or exercise EIP’s legal or other rights, to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise allowed by law
- To protect the rights, property or safety of EIP, its employees, patients or any other person
- To investigate or prevent a violation by User of any contractual or other relationship with EIP or where EIP has a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of EIP, its users or the public or the perpetration of any illegal or harmful activity
- To investors, bankers, and potential partners or acquirers in connection with or in contemplation of a joint venture or sale of its assets or business or a merger, consolidation or other reorganization of its business
EIP’s use of such information may include, but not be limited to:
- To generate data about the site traffic
- To make improvements to the Website and services
- To collect demographic characteristics of our target market
- To customize user experience such as by showing you advertisements that are most relevant to your demographic characteristics, recommending products that may interest you, etc.
- To share certain demographic and profile data with our agents, contractors, or affiliates
Our Third-Party Advertiser Disclaimer:
The Site may provide links to Web sites maintained by our third-party advertisers and others. Any information, products, software, or services provided on or through third-party sites are controlled by the operators of such sites and not by us or our subsidiary companies. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING MESSAGE BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. EACH USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER THIRD PARTIES, SUBSCRIBERS, MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH EACH USER.
WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THIS SITE OR THIRD-PARTY SITES. USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR THIRD-PARTY SITES IS AT THE USER’S OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
You must provide and are solely responsible for all hardware and/or software necessary to access the Site. You assume the entire cost of and responsibility for any damage to, and all necessary maintenance, repair or correction of, that hardware and/or software.
Any financial information provided on the Site is for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading or investing purposes, or for commercial use. The Site should not be used in any high-risk activities where damage or injury to persons, property, environment, finances, or business may result if an error occurs. You assume any and all risk for your use of financial information provided on the Site.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information. We seek to store Personal information in a secured manner and to transmit it via a secure internet channel. For example, when you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number, EIP uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of that information. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and EIP cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from its systems will be completely secure. EIP is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site by any users or third parties.
EIP maintains internal logs for Internal Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer each time you access the Internet. Your IP address does not contain personally identifiable information. EIP collects IP addresses in order to conduct system administration, report aggregate information, conduct site analysis, and to detect improper use of the site. EIP sometimes uses IP addresses to identify the location of your computer based on publicly available and third-party information and, if located, to market to you through internet marketing, mail or call campaigns, or online targeted, interest-based advertising.
We use “cookies” for authentication, other types of security, user log-ins, enabling our services collecting analytics information, marketing our services to you, sending you targeted advertising for our services, optimizing our website, and personalizing and customizing your web experience. By placing a small file known as a “cookie” in your browser, the web servers operated by EIP and its third party service providers can remember and distinguish your web browser software over time. This is necessary in order to enable the functions described above. If you disagree with this use, you should turn off or disable “cookies” on your browser or device.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you do not wish to receive phone, mail, or email marketing offers, you may request that we remove your name from our internal email, direct mail, or internal telemarketing lists. You can call 1-888-333-3079 to make your opt-out request. If you would no longer like to receive emailed special offer information or other promotional messages from us, you may click the link at the bottom of any email you receive from us and follow the instructions. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time (no more than 10 business days) in order to satisfy your request, as some promotions may already be in process. You may still receive internet marketing through targeted advertising.
Questions or Concerns
Quality Management Department
EIP Email: email@example.com